Version 1.3 - December 12, 2019
1 Tasks and responsibilities
- Volunteering for Volt entails different tasks, including, but not limited to: promotion of Volt, sign-up and registration of customers, swapping of Volt Chargers and general customer service. This can be done both under open sky (from our mobile sales points), in our stationery sales containers or in the official cloakrooms. The tasks vary depending on the volunteer’s shifts, and which festival the volunteer participates at.
- The volunteer is obligated to show up 10 minutes prior to the start of each shift and stay until a replacement has arrived or an agreement has been made with the responsible Team Leader.
- The volunteer is obliged to wear a Volt t-shirt as the outer layer and a Volt cap throughout the entire shift. T-shirts are handed out at the beginning of each shift, and must be returned at the end of the shift. Caps are personal and will be handed out at the first shift.
- For practical and training purposes, the volunteer is obliged to read through any informative materials sent to them by Volt prior to the festival. It is considered each volunteer's own responsibility to prepare for the festival best possible. Participation at Volt events prior to the festival is encouraged, but these preparation activities are not included in the official working ours of the volunteer.
2 Shifts and workload
2.1 Roskilde Festival
- The volunteer has a total sum of 32 hours of volunteer work separated into 4 shifts of 8 hours each unless else is stated in the shift package.
2.2 Other festivals
- The number of working hours depend on the particular festival and is communicated during the volunteer signup process.
2.3 Special arrangements
- Upon special agreement, the volunteer can have shifts before and/or after the festival.
3 Additional requirements for Volt volunteers
- If a volunteer has their wristband confiscated, if the wristband becomes damaged or is lost in any other way, the volunteer must inform Volt immediately.
- The volunteer allows Volt to take pictures of the volunteer in connection with work related activities. Volt reserves the right to use such pictures in marketing activities on the Volt's website or social media attached to Volt.
- No employees or volunteers may be under any influence of intoxicants during a shift. Consequences of being intoxicated during a shift are stated under "No-show and cancellation".
4 Working place
- The volunteer will be appointed a specific booth, mobile salespoint, or cloakroom at the festival which will be the working place for the volunteer. The working place is subject to change without notice.
- The back area of a sales booth is a working area for volunteers to relax and recharge. The back area must not be used as a general partying or gathering area.
- No unauthorized persons are allowed in the sales points or back areas at any point.
- Theft will be reported to the police immediately.
- Entry pass/employee wristband that serves as admission to the full festival.
- Snacks and beverages available when on shift.
- Access to employee camping area. The employee camping area is only for volunteers and employees on the festival, and includes hot showers, cheap breakfast and other goods. (This is valid for Roskilde Festival only).
- Free Volt Swapping Service. Using this service requires that the volunteer brings their own Volt Charger or put down a Charger Deposit of 200 kr at the festival. The charger deposit will be refunded if the volunteer returns the charger before the end of festival.
- Every volunteer will have to pay a DKK 600 deposit to join Volt at a festival. The deposit ensures the volunteer can be trusted to participate after the volunteer has accepted a spot on the team.
- The volunteer is only secured a volunteer spot when the deposit has been successfully paid. The volunteer receives a deposit confirmation on email as proof of payment immediately after the payment.
- The deposit must be paid before the volunteer’s first shift. The deposit will usually have to be paid immediately after applying to become a volunteer for Volt.
- Payment of the deposit is linked to the volunteers profile in the volunteer portal. This entails that only one payment can be made from each profile, and therefore the volunteer cannot pay deposits for other volunteers through own profile.
- The deposit will be refunded to the account linked to the credit card that was used to pay the deposit.
- The deposit will be refunded shortly after the end of the festival. You will receive an email when the refund has been performed. The money will be visible on you account approx. 5-10 days hereafter. In some cases with Mastercards or international transfers it can take up to 30 days before the deposit is visible on the recipient's account.
- If your respective festival in the unlikely event cancels before the starting date, we will contact you as soon as possible and your deposit will be refunded in full.
7 No-show and cancellation
- The volunteer deposit will only be refunded if all shifts are completed. If the volunteer do not show up to a shift without reason, a claim of full payment for a partout ticket to the festival and other costs charged to Volt ApS by the festival organizers will be submitted to the volunteer. It is Volt that decides whether or not there has been an accepted reason for the absence in cases where no official doctor's notice has been handed in. Furthermore the volunteer’s wristband will be cut and taken by Volt. This will also apply if the volunteer show up on duty intoxicated, influenced by alcohol or drugs, or late without a reason.
- At no-show from one or more shifts the volunteer will get blacklisted by the festival organizer. As a blacklisted volunteer, it will not be possible to volunteer at the same festival for any company or organization in the future.
- If ill, the volunteer has to inform Volt as soon as possible and latest 2 hours before the shift starts. The volunteer will need to show an official doctor's notice underlining that the volunteer is not able to work. Note that it is not enough to have visited the festival samarithans, if this did not result in an official doctor's notice. If this requirement is met, the wristband will be cut off and delivered to Volt. The illness will be noted as an accepted absence and the volunteer will not have to reimburse the full payment for the partout ticket to the festival. The deposit will be refunded as reimbursement for the doctors notice.
- If you want to cancel your employment as a volunteer, you need to hand in a written notice for the cancelation to be valid. The deposit will be returned in full if the cancellation takes place no later than 6 weeks before the respective festival or event.
- The volunteer in Volt may not, either during or at any time after his or her involvement as a volunteer for Volt, disclose any confidential information that has been acquired by him or her as part of his or her volunteer work and involvement with Volt. Confidential information includes, but is not limited to: information about users of the Volt services, Volt’s employees, Volt’s volunteers and the users of Volt’s commercial partner’s services. All personal information passed to the volunteer such as names, phone numbers and emails is considered highly confidential information and must be handled very carefully in order to secure the customer's privacy.
- The volunteer is not allowed to pass on confidential information that he or she has acquired as part of his or her volunteer work for Volt to a third party.
- The volunteer is not allowed to use the confidential information that he or she has acquired as part of his or her volunteer work for Volt for anything but delivering the services Volt alone or Volt together with commercial partners offer.
- The volunteer accepts that the terms in paragraph “8 Confidentiality” are binding not only during his or her involvement with Volt, but also after his or her volunteer work has come to an end.
- Hele siden bliver genindlæst, når du vælger et afsnit.
- Foretag et valg ved at trykke på mellemrumstasten og derefter på piletasterne.
- Brug venstre/højre pile til at navigere i diasshowet eller swipe til venstre/højre, hvis du bruger en mobilenhed